To be a certified as a Mapper, a person must:
To be certified as a Mapper, a person must:
- Be a member (of any category) in good standing of the North Carolina Property Mappers Association.
- Within the last five (5) years have completed two years of experience in mapping, land records with an agency of state or local government, a private company who performs similar services for local government, or equivalent experience approved by the Certification Board.
- Have completed a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education credits approved by the Certification Board within the preceding two (2) years.
- Have shown proficiency in general mapping techniques by completing the Regular Mapper Class and having passed the course exam at the completion of the course or by exam challenge.
- Have paid all required certification fees.
For complete information on NCPMA Certifications, refer to the NCPMA Certification Policy (pdf)